You'll find our well-loved family home casually furnished in comfortable 'Shabby-chic', 'Country-Living' cottage style.
Relax and enjoy yourself — nothing is fussy or precious. Soothing colors, abundant warm sunshine, cooling breezes and life on the water close to nature are what this house is all about.
You'll also find many amenities in our home that you won't find in other vacation homes because we and our friends actually stay here as often as possible!
Family games, beach towels, sun hats, books, DVD's, cookbooks, tons of kitchen equipment to prepare and serve big meals, charcoal grill, and beach toys are all here for you to use and enjoy.
Big teak chaise sun lounges, a shady porch swing, and a cozy chair by the fireplace for you to put your feet up for that very occasional rainy day are also part of the package.
Our home was completely redecorated in 2006. All rooms (except the twin bedroom and the laundry room) have expansive views of Perdido Bay.
8 people can sleep comfortably on 1 king, 1 queen, 2 twin, and 2 sleeper sofas. Also 2 twin air mattresses for overnight guests or children.
All bedrooms have ample reading lights and ceiling fans and are comfortable places to curl up in for privacy.
The master suite (king sized bed) has its own private bath and the other two bedrooms share a bath. Both baths have tubs with showers. The master bath has a double bowl vanity.
The dining room table seats 6 and altogether with 2 sofas and huge coffee table we can seat 14 in the open living/ dining room indoors. Another 8 can sit on the open bayside deck at the round wrought iron table with a big umbrella.
The house is on the shores of pristine Perdido Bay — sun, swim, fish, crab, and snorkel right from the dock in your own front yard! You can keep your boat, be it kayak, canoe, shallow draft power boat, raft or jet ski tied up there as well.
Great outdoor spaces include a big sunny 50 x 10 deck (walk out from living room and master bedroom), 30 x 20 screen room, a shady patio area under deck on the bay side with a porch swing to while away hot afternoons, an open outdoor shower to wash off sand and salty water, and a bright balcony off the dining room.
The 60 foot private dock features stairs up to a sun deck with lounge chairs. At the end of the pier is the perfect place to renew and do your morning yoga or relax at the end of another perfect day and watch the sun drop down into Perdido Bay, one of the most spectacular sunsets on the coast! If you're lucky you can also watch the dolphins cruise by looking for their mullet dinner.
Catch your own dinner right from the pier. Mullet (if you know how to throw a net), red fish, snapper, and crab are among some of the fish that we've caught out there.
A 2 acre yard for you to play ball, badminton, bar–b–que, have picnics, catch frogs, play hide and seek, and climb the old live oak with a good book. The kids can pitch a tent and have the thrill of sleeping out under the stars and being lulled to sleep by the waves lapping at the shore.
There's also plenty of room for you to park your RV. (no hook-ups or waste removal)
- 3 bed, 2 bath, single family home / sleeps 8
- 1 king, 1 queen, 2 twins, 2 twin sleeper sofas, and 2 twin air mattresses (all mattresses are brand new pillowtops, 2006) we provide all our own designer sheets and towels (bottom sheets are fitted, towels are white, soft and fluffy, everything is 100% cotton)
2 sets of sheets for each bed and plenty of extra blankets and pillows
- Central AC and heat
- Ceiling fans in all rooms
- Fully equipped laundry room with full size washer and dryer
- Fully equipped kitchen with 2 coffee makers, blender, toaster, dishwasher, microwave, large refrigerator with ice maker, good knives, big pasta and lobster pots, and plenty of serving dishes
- Private, on–site waterfront and pier
- Outdoor furniture and umbrella
- Charcoal grill
- Open outdoor shower
- Porch swing
- Cable TV and secure high speed WiFi internet connection (bring your own computer)
- Family board games, books and DVD's
- Life renewing peace and quiet
- If there is something you've forgotten and we don't have it at the house you can probably rent it here, http://www.gulfshores.com/travel-tools/rentals/