You can throw a line off our pier and reel in dinner. If you want to get fancier or more competitive than that here are some suggestions.
- Bring your own boat and dock it at our pier. It has to have a shallow draft hull. Depending on the season and the tides the water can be pretty shallow. Two boat ramps are nearby.
- Coronado Boat Ramp is a small boat ramp located at 5700 Coronado Blvd in Pensacola. Currently this ramp, which provides access to Perdido Bay, is suitable only for canoe and kayak launching and is extremely limited in parking space.
- Galvez Boat Ramp is a one-half-acre boat ramp located on Galvez Road just south of Innerarity Point Road. This facility allows public access and boat launching into the Intracoastal Waterway west of the Perdido Bay Bridge. Along with the boat ramp, security lights and a picnic area are provided.
- Closest bait, tackle and licenses — Grays Tackle & Guide Service (right next to Winn-Dixie), 13019 Sorrento Road . Pensacola, FL., (850) 492-2666
- Surf fish at Johnson's Beach – Again Grays Tackle can outfit you. Watch out for the great blue herons, they'll try to steal your bait and your catch!
- Fish off the longest fishing pier on the Gulf of Mexico, Pensacola Beach, FL., www.fishpensacolabeachpier.com
- Pensacola Bay Fishing Bridge, They turned the old two-lane bridge between Pensacola and Gulf Breeze into a drive-on fishing pier. Deep sea fishing right off the bridge.
- Spearfishing, http://www.flounderwear.com/asa.html for everything spearfishing in Alabama and a bunch of tournaments.
Charter Boats — Onshore and Offshore
- We are very lucky to have some of the world's best neighbors who just happen to own one of the best charter boats in the area, the Snapper Trapper. Their son-in-law, Paul Redman, is the captain. He's been fishing this area all his life and runs a great deep sea charter. A word of advice, book early in your stay so if the weather's bad or seas are too rough you can re-schedule and not miss out on this fun trip. http://www.snappertrapper.com/
- Charter boats out of Perdido Key, Gulf Shores, and Orange Beach, AL, http://www.gulfshores.com/fishing-golf/fishing-charters/
For Local Charter Fishing Trips contact
- SanRoc Cay: (251) 981-5423 or (888) 386-4853
- Bear Point Marina: (251) 981-2327
- Zeke's Landing Marina: (251) 981-4044 or (800) 793-4044
- Orange Beach Marina: (251) 981-4207
- Charters out of Pensacola, Pensacola Beach, and Gulf Breeze, FL, http://www.visitpensacola.com/listings/nature?filters=aa48